Psychic Tip of the Day - Our Environment


Do you remember when your Mom used to tell you to pick up the trash, don’t litter, clean up after yourself. Eat all of your food and be grateful?

I remember collecting soda bottles to return to the store for a nickel or less to buy candy.

When I was a child everything was used. My mother and grandmother’s found a use for everything.  

Growing up like this helped me be resourceful, get as many uses out of one thing that I could before it went into the trash. You might think  - WOW! Auriel must be a hoarder!

I am not a hoarder.  I do not keep things. I recycle, reuse, reinvent, donate etc.

When I lived in New Mexico and Colorado I saw the most interesting homes. There were homes made from adobe, earth bricks, earth ships, eco houses and more. 

I learned about how a home can sustain itself by how it is made.  I lived in a off the grid house for about eighteen months. My experience with this particular house was enlightening and frustrating. This particular time really made me aware of how much I had taken for granted living in a on the grid home. I also planted and grew my first food garden. Which was an awesome experience.

Many of these houses are unconventional, logical and mindful of the environment.

So how can us city folk be more mindful?

Recycle – Find appropriate places to recycle, electronics, batteries, furniture, carpet fluids etc.
Reuse
Reinvent
Donate what you don’t need or use

Grow plants, yes this world needs more plants, trees and flowers. Plants raise the resonance of your environment.

Use natural products where you can. There are many to choose from, check out the possibilities.

Solar Energy – Call your electric company to see about how they can hook you up! The Electric Companies are not going to advertise they have solar packages. You have to ask. You can also call a Solar company and ask them to hook you up. Use the Sun! You can write it off on your taxes. Get your accountant involved! Look at how many people you are helping besides yourself with this decision!

Use good appliances that are energy efficient.

Water/Blue Gold – How much water do you need? There are some states that allow water catch systems. What is that? It is a way to funnel and store rainwater or snow. Create a water catch system to water your yard, house plants, run a fountain. Afraid of mosquitos? Get some mosquito fish and throw them in your cisterns.

Be mindful of the products that you use and how you dispose of them.

Call your city, county, state government and find out how involved they are in creating a better environment for their people. There might be laws or recommendations in place you don’t know about that will help you out.

For example, in Colorado some counties were paying people to xeriscape their yards to save water.

Most of all educate yourself. I always use the idea that you will save money and time in the long run by being mindful and thoughtful about where you live. Be sensible about creating and sustaining an eco - friendly environment.

Most importantly, find out what resonates with you about keeping your environment clean, clear and making it a sanctuary for you and your family.


Get rid of Mosquitoes Naturally! Mosquitoes are a big topic right now. I looked up some great resources for you to consider for your home and yourself to help keep those pesky mosquitos away from you! Here are two blogs that can help you out!




Keep your hearts open and aligned with the energy of Love!
Auriel Grace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Astrology for the United States

The Three Maji & Angel Messages

How To Read a Haunting